Friday, July 22, 2011

The Trance is the Motion

I've got player motion happening on my HTC Incredible now.  The left-hand side of the screen contains the left/right motion for the player.  The right-hand side of the screen contains rotate-left/rotate-right for the gun arm.  Along the top are two push buttons for fire #1 and fire #2, and along the bottom are two push buttons for jump and grapple engage.  Pretty cool.  Things are really starting to come together.

I *really* need to have a transparent overlay of some sort to indicate where the buttons and controls are.  I let my youngest son try the game and he had a tough time understanding what he was pressing.  However, I don't think I'll be able to do anything with this until I get to implementing sprites & textures.  Still, I should probably do *something* simple even if it is just some circle rendering.  Hrm.

Next up will be creating a pop-up menu that displays when the user hits the menu button.  This will need to suspend operations of the game and allow the user to restart or exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment