Sunday, April 17, 2011

Android Market stats

I thought it would be interesting to share this. It's a rendering of what I see in the Developer Console on the Android Market for my app. Unfortunately, an interactive graphic does not show up in that rendering -- at the top in that blank area you see is a Flash graph showing the trending of downloads for an app. It currently states that my app has 254 or so downloads. This conflicts with the market dashboard indicating that value is actually 341. I've noticed a discrepancy between those two values, and although there is info that states the data is updated on a daily basis it doesn't appear to happen that frequently. It looks to be more like one or two days between updates.

Here are some interesting tidbits from that data:

  • There are only 9 installations that utilize something other than Android 2.1 or 2.2.
  • The top three devices that installed it were Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S, and the HTC Incredible.
  • The top three countries are US, UK, and India. I was surprised that India was #3. It's followed closely by Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment